A Little Halloween Fun

A Little Halloween Fun

When your logo is a skull, you’re kind of obligated to make a bit of a fuss when Halloween rolls around.

This year at Airjacker, we decided to subtly improve a few classic horror movies. To maximise engagement, these went out as Instagram stories and Facebook posts asking followers to name the film – we had some great deliberately wrong guesses that spawned some extra content.

I took just the skull part of the logo and used a face animation app on my iPhone to lip sync along with lines from various films. I went for MugLife because the simpler apps are looking for a more traditional face to animate – MugLife lets you fine tune all the motion tracking points.

You feel like a fool when lip syncing to your phone but once done all that’s left is to edit your Oscar-winning performance in to the original footage.

I couldn’t get a file out of MugLife with a transparent background so I had to employ Premier Pro’s UltraKey effect to take out the back background from the skull animation.

Drag Ultra Key from the Effects panel onto your clip, then use the eye dropper tool the click the colour you want to key out.

And finally, it’s just a little keyframe animation to move the skull around a bit, mainly increasing the scale to make it appear to be coming towards the camera to highlight certain parts of the script.

A quick, easy and fun way to make some engaging content – even if you don’t like being in front of the camera!

Japfest 2015

Japfest 2015

Japfest is always one of my favourite meets of the year. It’s been going for over 10 years now, always has a fantastic turn out and it helps that its at my local circuit. Here are a few photos of the on track action and some of the gems hidden away on the club stands.



























Ooohh… Aahh!

Ooohh… Aahh!

Clifton Suspension Bridge turns 150

This month the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge in Bristol saw its 150th Birthday. What better way to celebrate than trying to blow it up with a truck load of fireworks!?

Getting anywhere near the bridge was going to be impossible on the night because of the crowds and the obvious explodey things! Google Maps and a drive by the night before made the Bedminster Cricket Club ground, The Clanage) and a 70-200mm lens seem a good option.

Clifton Suspension Bridge #fireworks150

Clifton Suspension Bridge #fireworks150

The Setup

Not the clearest of photos but you can just make out the camera is locked down on a tripod as I was taking long exposure shots here to catch the trails of the fireworks. I was a long way out almost a mile according to Google Maps) but it was a clear night and with nobody around to nudge the tripod, I got some good sharp shots.

I say, I say, I say…

I say, I say, I say…

Every year the Bristol Comedy Garden pitches its massive tent in Queen’s Square and I’m always lucky enough to be there working for the great team that run the event.

This year was the best yet. Here are a few of my photographs from the 5 nights of fantastic comedy. You’ll recognise some of the acts from TV and the ones you don’t, you soon will!






























Thank you and good night!